I have written earlier about how I made the switch to free software workflow and the experience I had after making the switch. It has been 6 years since then and I haven’t yet regretted my decision or found any trouble doing my work. Here is a list of software, hardware, and other tools that I use for day to day work, entertainment, and computing needs. I will try to keep this page updated as I include more tools or drop some of them in the future. Apart from this list, I will write another post explaining in more detail the software that I use.
On My Desk 👨🏽💻
- Wacom Intuos Pro Medium
- Self Assembled computer with:
- Intel® Core™ i7-4790K
- 32 GiB of memory
- GeForce GTX 750 Ti
- BenQ SW2700PT (primary)
- Dell S2409W 24" (secondary)
- Logitech Z625 speakers
- TVS Gold Mechanical keyboard
- Canon Lide 220 Scanner
- Brother HL-1201
- i1 Display Pro color calibration
- Dell Inspiron 15
- Moto g4 - Lineage OS without google apps and service.
Software (Both Desktop & Laptop)
- Fedora Linux - A GNU/linux based operating system.
- KDE Plasma 5 - Simple yet powerful desktop environment with feature rich apps such as Konsole Kate etc.
- Krita - A very robust professional digital painting application.
- Mypaint - A lightweight sketching and painting application
- Gnu Image Manipulation Program - An excellent software for image retouching and adjustment.
- Inkscape - An excellent vector illustration suite.
- Blender - Swiss army knife for anything between 3d modelling to video editing.
- Scribus - Desktop publishing
- Borg + btrbk - For incremental daily and hourly backups on internal as well as external disks.
- Nextcloud - File, contacts, todo list & calendar sync.
- Kmail - KDE’s mail application.
- Element - for IRC and chat with friends and family